Wednesday 29 June 2016

Going Meat Free

Starting July 1st I will be going Meat Free.


I am going to attempt to cut out meat for the entire month and if after that month I feel Its sustainable I will try and continue as a Vegetarian. Changing your diet isn't an overnight thing so honestly I don't have high hopes for my success but I want to at least take a step in the right direction.

My Reasons


Animals

If I'm completely honest I've always eaten a lot of meat, I grew up with a family of meat eaters who enjoyed having it in their diet. I enjoy eating meat, and at the moment many of my meals are pretty meat heavy, I love a good BBQ, Sunday Roasts are a lifelong tradition and Steak and Chips is a firm favourite, so why am I trying to go meat free?

Lately I've become more aware of what I'm eating. I've never mentally connected the animal on the farm to the meat I buy at the super market. I always just saw it as food, I never really thought of it as an animal that was alive before hand. Until now. Now its starting to bother me that I'm eating a creature, its starting to bother me that some animals are bred for our plates and some are pets for us to love and cuddle. Doesn't seem fair..

Health

Another reason I have is the way I feel physically. At the beginning of this month I gave up meat for a week. I know it isn't very long but I honestly felt better for it. I didn't feel bloated for once and I felt like I have more energy.

Cooking

Lastly, I feel like it will give me a challenge with my cooking. I cook for me and my husband most nights a week and when you cook regularly you find yourself cooking the same things all the time. I'm excited to see what new recipes I can learn and hoping this new change will help me more adventurous with my cooking.




Let me know in the comments,

Have you ever gone meat free?

Are you vegetarian? What convinced you to change?

Any good recipes I should try?

Until Next Time,



|      Instagram       |        Twitter          |       Google +      |





6 comments:

  1. It is so cool that you are doing this! I have been a vegetarian basically my whole life and it works great for me. Good luck 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liv, I really appreciate the encouragement :)

      Delete
  2. That's so great you're making this choice, I've been a vegetarian for around a year now for reasons quite similar to yours, and for me at least it was actually an easier transition than it may seem at first, good luck!

    http://technicolor-heart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling it wont be so easy for me, I'm 5 days in at the moment and I'm finding it hard. Going cold turkey is difficult, thanks for the encouragement tho Lola x

      Delete
  3. Good luck! Any diet change can be difficult, just got to put your mind to it :) x

    www.paulamarieee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete